"I'm Fine," Declares Privileged Infertile Woman

 Nice white woman Sarah Cooke, who also happens to be infertile, is blessed. 

"Sure, we've been trying to conceive for three years, but I have a very loving husband," Cooke pointed out while standing in line at Starbucks. "I think of all those women who are stuck in abusive marriages and feel trapped all the time. That is not my story."

She stepped up to give her order to a barista, smiled and then turned back to me, "Plus, I have the money for me to get Starbucks whenever I want. Sure, my double-shot decaf vente sugar-free mocha doesn't give me the same joy it used to, but I can still order it. Actually, I am going to order two today, because I am blessed."

Sipping her two drinks, Cooke's face lit up with realization, "I am so lucky that I have two working hands to hold these drinks," she noted thoughtfully, "Just think of all the women who lost their hands in gruesome factory incidents and can't even hold a drink anymore, let alone double-fist it. Now that is sad." 

Later that day, Cooke experienced a panic attack but couldn't put her finger on why because she is so blessed.



Comments